Thanks very much. I just donated a small amount that I hope helps you to continue to develop this and other great tools. I really liked the small demonstration on layers.
A downloadable tool
Welcome to Krystle Designs for the ZX Spectrum Next!
A native suite of design editors to create sprites and tiles, tilemaps, fonts, palettes and screens for your software creation.
Within a single project, you can create a bank of sprites, up to four banks of tiles, up to four tilemaps (used in isolation or to create a composite tilemap), a custom font, up to ten palettes within a single bank and finally you design your own screens.
Unique features include:
- global fill within the Sprite Editor for rapid colour changes.
- create a composite tilemap in a full screen mode.
- switch seamlessly between editors - see your sprite/tile updates instantly on your tilemaps! See font changes instantly! See palette changes instantly!
- inverse your font! Create cool font effects with the OVER 1 command. (Check out the Inverse Font Demo in the Examples folder.)
- create up to ten palettes to be used for any layer or sprite layer. (Check out the Dungeon Palette Demo in the Examples folder.)
- select Priority Bits for your colours to create interesting effects with how tiles and sprites interact with each other!
- new Screen Editor to create your screens.
V1.00 was originally released 16 Mar 2022. V2.00 has been released almost a year later on the 15 Mar 2023. Extensive testing has been completed, however - as with all things - some bugs may have slipped through the cracks. Please report any issues to me and I'll endeavour to eliminate any bugs found and update the files held here.
Whilst Krystle Designs is free and free for use in any way you like - please consider funding my coffee habit to spur me on to complete other future projects! Either through this site or by using the QR code found in the software itself.
I would be most grateful if you could credit Krystle Designs if used in your own creations and would be extra grateful if any finished works could be sent on to me - I love seeing other peoples' projects!
Finally - I hope you find Krystle Designs incredibly useful and aids you in your future design endeavours!
ZX Spectrum Next/N-Go/Emulator with at least 1Mb.
NextZXOS 2.06N (although almost certain to work fine on 2.06H). Does not appear to work on 2.07H, but does on subsequent releases.
Firmware 1.3 Core 3.01.08
***Mouse required throughout. ***
Krystle Designs Manual V2
Krystle Designs V2 rar/zip file. Extract on to your SD Card.
Note that any previous projects created will missing a .sl2 file within the project folder. I have included a Px_Screen.sl2 file within the Resource folder - just change 'x' to the project number that you wish to load using V2 of Krystle Designs.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Just donated a small amount to this just now. I have not downloaded it before but kept meaning too. At some point I hope to find my mojo again and maybe work on NextBASIC on my Next again. Then I will try your cool program. TJ
Thank you TJ. Hopefully you’ll download it soon and enjoy it! I’d recommend starting off with a D&G type game. You can start off with the map pieces quite easily and use them straight away for your maps. I find seeing the map being built gives me inspiration to code. Maybe it will do the same for you?